REFUND AND RETURNS POLICY
I NO LONGER REQUIRE THIS ITEM, CAN I RETURN IT?
Providing the item is returned within its original packaging, has not been installed, has no marks, scratches, scuffs or paint marks, and is in full working order we’d be happy to accept this return. Please email email@example.com for a returns form along with details as to what to do next. Please note if a product is returned without its original packaging, is marked in anyway or is no longer working there will be a charge. The customer will be expected to make their own arrangements with regards to postage.
THIS PRODUCT IS FAULTY, CAN I RETURN IT?
If a product is thought to be faulty please contact our support team firstname.lastname@example.org or request a call back so we can discuss what could be going wrong. If no solution can be found we’d be happy to have the product back for testing and if proved to be a manufacturer fault we’d be happy to credit/replace/repair. If the product fault is deemed to be a result of being installed incorrectly (not a manufacturer fault) no refund will be issued and the product will be returned to sender.
WHAT IS YOUR RETURNS POLICY?
• Any discrepancies or shortfalls on your delivery must be reported within 3 days from date of delivery.
• We only accept returns on any unwanted products up to 14 days from date of order for standard stock, this is providing the goods are returned in their original condition and fully working.
• Should you wish to return a product a 20% handling fee will be deducted from your refund amount.
• Any carriage charge for returning an item will be at your expense.
A brief guide to some of the common issues Architects, Developers and Builders face when specifying or installing smoke ventilation components.
1- Can I fit an actuator to a window to make my own AOV?
"Building Control have told me I need a 1.0m2 AOV in my stairwell, I have an existing window that is top hung, frame dimensions are 800mm wide 1200mm high, can I convert this to an AOV?"
In a word, No. There are several reasons why this cannot be done.
- Since the introduction of the CPR in July 2013 all items used in construction must be CE Marked in accordance with their relative EN Standard (see guide to CPR below)
- AOV window should ideally be bottom hung open out however side hung windows are acceptable.
- The dimensions are frame dimensions the calculations for an AOV window are based on the opening section of the window.
- Smoke Control Systems can supply compliant solutions to this with either a louvred or bottom hung AOV window certified to EN 12101 pt 2
Call now for further information.
2- Can I connect a vent or window direct to the fire alarm?
My building already has a fire alarm and I am installing an AOV to the stairs can I run it straight of the fire alarm?
In a word, No. you will require a controller to operate the vent safely and in accordance with current regulations.
- The actuator on the AOV will require a 24 volt signal that is reversed to close the vent, alarm panels do not have this facility.
- Building regulations also require the vent to be controlled in accordance with current standards
Commom Fault finding issues with AOV Panels